2007 Cheltenham Gold Cup Result
The 2007 National Hunt season was dominated by one horse and that was Kauto Star. Kauto Star came into the 2006/07 season as a horse with so much promise having successfully returned to the track the previous year following that infamous defeat at Exeter. Paul Nicholls declares that the year off did Kauto the World of good and this proved absolutely correct.
Coming into the Cheltenham Gold Cup he had won every race he entered including the Tingle Creek and the King George Chase. There were still question marks against his abilty to stay the Gold Cup distance but he convincingly to beat off Exotic Dance his big adversary during the season.
There was a lot at stake in the Gold Cup as their was an additional £1 Million pounds up for grabs after his success in the Betfair Chase and the King George and Nicholls had him primed for the day and they did not leave the money behind.
- 1st Kauto Star (FR) P F Nicholls 7 11-10 t R Walsh 5/4F
- 2nd Exotic Dancer (FR) Jonjo O´Neill 7 11-10 p A P McCoy 9/2
- 3rd Turpin Green (IRE) N G Richards 8 11-10 b1 Tony Dobbin 40/1
- Un De Sceaux To Claim Clarence House Chase Hat Trick At Ascot
- Mont Des Avaloirs Tipped To Win Tolworth Hurdle At Sandown Park
- Punters Should Go Down Bishops Road For Their Welsh Grand National Bet
- Poetic Rhythm To Hit The Right Tune In Challow Hurdle At Newbury
- Progressive Thomas Campbell To Storm To Long Walk Hurdle Win At Ascot
- Clever Fox Norton Looks A Big Price For Stunning King George VI Chase At Kempton
- Unexposed Melon Should Be Too Juicy For Experienced International Hurdle Rivals
- Clan Des Obeaux Favourite To Win Caspian Caviar Gold Cup At Cheltenham