Cheltenham Gold Cup Contenders 2014 - Bobs Worth
Bobs Worth is another potential Cheltenham Gold Cup runner in 2013 for Nicky Henderson after a brilliant past couple of years. The horse has won at the Cheltenham Festival for the past two years and the natural progression will see him joining Gold Cup company ahead of the 2013 renewal. In 2011 we saw Bobs Worth arrive on the big stage when he won the Albert Bartlett Hurdle at the Festival and he has been marked out as a horse to watch ever since. Henderson already has a Gold Cup winner in his yard in the form of Long Run and it will be fascinating to see how Bobs Worth matches up if the pair meet in the near future.
In 2012 we saw Bobs Worth go chasing and he duly confirmed his talent at Cheltenham once again as he won the RSA Chase at the Festival. That run confirmed his ability to stay and his love for jumping which should make him a live Gold Cup contender at a course he clearly thrives at. Barry Geraghty seems to have a great relationship with Bobs Worth and the pair of them always seem to produce when it matters as they did when beating First Lieutenant into second place in the RSA Chase.
Bobs Worth Gold Cup 2013 Form
Bobs Worth made his seasonal debut at Newbury in the Hennessy Gold Cup and he started as a warm favourite. The Henderson horse had plenty of weight to carry after his exploits last season but he travelled really well and pulled clear when asked to do so to claim an excellent win. It was a very pleasing return for Bobs Worth in testing conditions and he continued his unbeaten run going left handed with the bookmakers slashing his price for the Gold Cup as a result.
- Un De Sceaux To Claim Clarence House Chase Hat Trick At Ascot
- Mont Des Avaloirs Tipped To Win Tolworth Hurdle At Sandown Park
- Punters Should Go Down Bishops Road For Their Welsh Grand National Bet
- Poetic Rhythm To Hit The Right Tune In Challow Hurdle At Newbury
- Progressive Thomas Campbell To Storm To Long Walk Hurdle Win At Ascot
- Clever Fox Norton Looks A Big Price For Stunning King George VI Chase At Kempton
- Unexposed Melon Should Be Too Juicy For Experienced International Hurdle Rivals
- Clan Des Obeaux Favourite To Win Caspian Caviar Gold Cup At Cheltenham