Cheltenham Festival Day 3 - St Patricks Day
The top class racing at the Cheltenham Festival continues on Day 3 with a fantastic card for punters to enjoy while the Irish will be out in force on St Patricks Day, the JLT Novices Chase is first up over 2 mile 4 furlongs and it is always a cracking start to Thursday. The runners in the JLT tend to be just below top class but that does not detract from the race, there is always some good value on offer here as Copper Bleu showed in winning last season at 12/1.
The Pertemps Final is a race that all the runners have to qualify for during the course of the season; no favourite has won this race since 2003 so punters are well advised to look further down the betting for the Pertemps.
The Ryanair Chase is one of the two main races on the card for Day 3 and the 2 mile 5 furlong race is always one of the highlights of the week, Imperial Commander showed by winning this in 2009 and the Gold Cup in 2010 that this race is a crucial stepping stone. Albertas Run was another hugely impressive winner last season for Jonjo O'Neill and AP McCoy and we are likely to see another high class winner in 2016.
The second highlight of the day is the brilliant Ladbrokes World Hurdle, the race is for the staying hurdlers and it really has come into its own over the past ten years. We have had some superstar horses make their name in the World Hurdle with Baracouda, Inglis Drever and Big Buck's all winning the race on more than one occasion.
The Byrne Group Plate nearly always seems to throw up a long priced winner to the delight of the bookmakers, the punters will want to change that in 2012 but they should also be aware that there has been no single price winner of the race this century. The final race on the card is the Kim Muir Challenge Cup over 3 miles 1 furlong, it is only for amateur jockeys which adds an extra dimension to the betting and often gives young riders a chance at the Festival.
Cheltenham Festival Day 3 Card
- James Garfield Tipped To Storm To Mill Reef Stakes Win At Newbury
- Capri Tipped To Bound To St Leger Glory For Ballydoyle At Doncaster
- Torcedor The Each Way Value In Irish St Leger At The Curragh
- Soft Ground Haydock Sprint Cup Can Go To Tasleet This Weekend
- Top Tug To Strike In Competitive Ebor Handicap At York
- Lady Aurelia And Battaash Set For Titanic Nunthorpe Stakes Clash
- Superstar Filly Enable To Land More Group 1 Glory With Yorkshire Oaks Success
- Barney Roy To Bound To Juddmonte International Glory At York