Cheltenham Gold Cup Contenders 2014 - First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant is another potential Irish runner for the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 2014 and he has proven himself to be a top class horse over the last couple of years. Mouse Morris of course trained War Of Attrition to Gold Cup glory in 2006 and he will be hoping that First Lieutenant can give him another winner in the big race. In 2011 we saw First Lieutenant break onto the scene with a famous win in the Neptune Novices Hurdle at the Festival with a win over Rock On Ruby, who of course has gone on to win the Champion Hurdle.
First Lieutenant always seems to save his best form for Cheltenham as he showed in 2012 when after an indifferent season he ran a blinder in the RSA Chase behind Bobs Worth. The horse only a couple of lengths behind Bobs Worth in the race and on that form he could well be a major player in the 2013 Gold cup Betting. One interesting note is that First Lieutenant runs for the same owners as Sir Des Champs and it remains to be seen whether or not Gigginstown will want the horses to clash at Cheltenham.
That will not be a problem this season though with Sir Des Champs out injured which should open the door for First Lieutenant. The Mouse Morris horse has always run well at Cheltenham and that alone is sure to attract some each Gold Cup punters. He ran really well in the Lexus Chase over Christmas to finish second behind Bobs Worth and that form ensures that he is a live contender for the race at the Festival.
- Un De Sceaux To Claim Clarence House Chase Hat Trick At Ascot
- Mont Des Avaloirs Tipped To Win Tolworth Hurdle At Sandown Park
- Punters Should Go Down Bishops Road For Their Welsh Grand National Bet
- Poetic Rhythm To Hit The Right Tune In Challow Hurdle At Newbury
- Progressive Thomas Campbell To Storm To Long Walk Hurdle Win At Ascot
- Clever Fox Norton Looks A Big Price For Stunning King George VI Chase At Kempton
- Unexposed Melon Should Be Too Juicy For Experienced International Hurdle Rivals
- Clan Des Obeaux Favourite To Win Caspian Caviar Gold Cup At Cheltenham