Cheltenham Gold Cup Runners 2014 - Long Run
Long Run has proven himself has perhaps the most exciting young horse in the UK under Nicky Henderson over the last year and could be ready to make the step up this season. Long Run arrived from France a while ago now and he has been one of the top chasers in the country ever since, he proved in 2011 that he was among the best when he won the Gold Cup for the first time and many predicted he would dominate for years. That failed to materialise in in 2011/12 though after he was beaten into second place in the King George by Kauto star before only managing third place in the Gold Cup behind Synchronised.
Long Run went into the RSA Chase in 2010 as favourite but after running keen in the early stages he faded over the final furlong to come home in 3rd place. He soon bounced back during the 2010/11 season as he fulfilled his potential to win both the King Goerge Chase at Kempton and the Gold Cup itself in impressive fashion in 2011 before running below his best in 2012. In 2013, Long Run will still only be eight which means he could still be improving but much will depend on whether connections can get him back to the form of 2011.
Long Run Gold Cup 2013 Form
Long run started the season in the Betfair Chase at Haydock but he came unstuck behind the exciting Silviniaco Conti. Long Run ran a solid race but he may have needed the run as he looked a bit one paced up the run in which saw his Gold Cup price drift slightly.
Despite losing at Haydock, Long Run went to the King George on Boxing Day as the warm favourite and he didn't disappoint to win his second King George in three years. Its fair to say that he made a few jumping errors which he must not repeat at Cheltenham but he stayed on best in testing conditions to wear down a game Captain Chris on the line. It was a very brave effort from Long Run and he once again proved that even though his jumping remains an issue, he rarely falls and always stays on bravely which has to put him in the Gold Cup mix.
- Un De Sceaux To Claim Clarence House Chase Hat Trick At Ascot
- Mont Des Avaloirs Tipped To Win Tolworth Hurdle At Sandown Park
- Punters Should Go Down Bishops Road For Their Welsh Grand National Bet
- Poetic Rhythm To Hit The Right Tune In Challow Hurdle At Newbury
- Progressive Thomas Campbell To Storm To Long Walk Hurdle Win At Ascot
- Clever Fox Norton Looks A Big Price For Stunning King George VI Chase At Kempton
- Unexposed Melon Should Be Too Juicy For Experienced International Hurdle Rivals
- Clan Des Obeaux Favourite To Win Caspian Caviar Gold Cup At Cheltenham