2017 Gold Cup Tips
This year’s Cheltenham Gold Cup looks to be one of the most open in years with the top five in the betting all holding a fantastic chance to land the prize.
To win the Gold Cup, you need a horse who jumps well, has tactical speed, and stamina in abundance. You also want a horse that handles good ground as it is rare for the Gold Cup to take place on a soft or heavy surface.
Cheltenham Gold Cup Race Trends
- Six favourites have won the Gold Cup since 2000
- Only two horses older than 9 have won in the last 20 years
- Paul Nicholls has trained the winner four times with three different horses since 1999
- The biggest price Gold Cup winner this century was Lord Windermere who won at 20/1 in 2014.
- Romain De Senam To Storm To BetVictor Gold Cup Glory At Cheltenham
- Melbourne Cup Odds Johannes Vermeer Can Give Aidan OBrien Another Famous Success
- More Of That Can Run A Huge Race In JNWine Champion Chase At Down Royal
- Saxon Warrior To Bag Racing Post Trophy Glory At Doncaster
- Bateel To Down Journey And Win Fillies And Mares Stakes At Ascot
- Ribchester Can Bound To Queen Elizabeth II Stakes Glory On Champions Day
- Quiet Reflection The Each Way Play In Stunning British Champions Sprint Stakes
- Punters Should Be On The Cracksman To Win The Champion Stakes At Ascot