2017 Gold Cup Tips
This year’s Cheltenham Gold Cup looks to be one of the most open in years with the top five in the betting all holding a fantastic chance to land the prize.
To win the Gold Cup, you need a horse who jumps well, has tactical speed, and stamina in abundance. You also want a horse that handles good ground as it is rare for the Gold Cup to take place on a soft or heavy surface.
Cheltenham Gold Cup Race Trends
- Six favourites have won the Gold Cup since 2000
- Only two horses older than 9 have won in the last 20 years
- Paul Nicholls has trained the winner four times with three different horses since 1999
- The biggest price Gold Cup winner this century was Lord Windermere who won at 20/1 in 2014.
- James Garfield Tipped To Storm To Mill Reef Stakes Win At Newbury
- Capri Tipped To Bound To St Leger Glory For Ballydoyle At Doncaster
- Torcedor The Each Way Value In Irish St Leger At The Curragh
- Soft Ground Haydock Sprint Cup Can Go To Tasleet This Weekend
- Top Tug To Strike In Competitive Ebor Handicap At York
- Lady Aurelia And Battaash Set For Titanic Nunthorpe Stakes Clash
- Superstar Filly Enable To Land More Group 1 Glory With Yorkshire Oaks Success
- Barney Roy To Bound To Juddmonte International Glory At York