2017 Gold Cup Tips
This year’s Cheltenham Gold Cup looks to be one of the most open in years with the top five in the betting all holding a fantastic chance to land the prize.
To win the Gold Cup, you need a horse who jumps well, has tactical speed, and stamina in abundance. You also want a horse that handles good ground as it is rare for the Gold Cup to take place on a soft or heavy surface.
Cheltenham Gold Cup Race Trends
- Six favourites have won the Gold Cup since 2000
- Only two horses older than 9 have won in the last 20 years
- Paul Nicholls has trained the winner four times with three different horses since 1999
- The biggest price Gold Cup winner this century was Lord Windermere who won at 20/1 in 2014.
- Un De Sceaux To Claim Clarence House Chase Hat Trick At Ascot
- Mont Des Avaloirs Tipped To Win Tolworth Hurdle At Sandown Park
- Punters Should Go Down Bishops Road For Their Welsh Grand National Bet
- Poetic Rhythm To Hit The Right Tune In Challow Hurdle At Newbury
- Progressive Thomas Campbell To Storm To Long Walk Hurdle Win At Ascot
- Clever Fox Norton Looks A Big Price For Stunning King George VI Chase At Kempton
- Unexposed Melon Should Be Too Juicy For Experienced International Hurdle Rivals
- Clan Des Obeaux Favourite To Win Caspian Caviar Gold Cup At Cheltenham